So a friend recently came up asking me about this sentence:

". . . Геґрід з величезних бобрових унтах . . ."

What does 'з' mean here? would it mean the same as 'у' in this context: "Геґрід у величезних бобрових унтах"?

The "з" here is clearly a typo.

Victor Morozov's localizaion of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone", Chapter 11, reads the following (highlight mine):

Почався листопад, а з ним і великий холод. Гори довкола школи стали скидатися на брили сірої криги, а озеро виблискувало, як сталь. Землю щоранку вкривала паморозь. Із горішніх вікон було видно, як Геґрід у довгій шубі з кротячого хутра, кроликових рукавицях і величезних бобрових унтах старанно обчищав на полі для квідичу обмерзлі мітли.

• Weird typo, should I delete this one or keep it here just for the sake of it? Jul 23 at 20:18
  • @ЛугеУшчимі, I believe the SE engine wouldn't let you delete your post once it received an (positively-voted?) answer. You can try, but don't be upset it it won't let you to.
    – bytebuster
    Jul 23 at 22:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.